Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm Nick Barrale?

So John Hart at Channel 6 here is Augusta asked me if I wanted to fill in on Sunday, August 17 to do the sports. Apparently as they look for a new weekend sports anchor they are having local celebrities come in to do the sports.

First thing I thought of was, “am I local celebrity?” In any event, I jumped at the opportunity to get in front of a camera and do some television work. Plus it is good exposure for the team and the GreenJackets are in the middle of a playoff race. Maybe get some good press and a few more people in the seats.

I have been working in radio ever since I graduated college doing sports updates and baseball play-by-play. The last time I did television work that involves sports anchoring I was in college when my friends and I began a little show called SportScope. All of us wanted to work on television and Lindenwood did not offer any type of sports television at all. So we made our own show and it was pretty successful.

I have done a number of on camera interviews since I have been down here in Augusta and while I worked in Wilmington, DE with the Red Sox affiliate in 2006, so it's not like this is the first time since college I have been on camera.


I am thinking of doing the sports while wearing my headset that I use to broadcast baseball, just so I am totally not out of my element!

So tune in on August 17 to Channel 6 in Augusta for the 11:00 p.m. newscast. Channel 6 is the ABC affiliate here in town.

No comments: