Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Running up 42 Floors of the Met!


For anyone that has ever been unemployed, you know you have more time than you know what to do with. I try to make the most of my time, by going to networking events and talk to people that might help me get a job.

However, I also spend a good amount of time watching television to pass the time and one night while staying up late I saw a commercial for Master the Met. I was immediately intrigued by the commercial.

I have run 5k's, played in soccer tournaments, participated in the polar bear plunge in New Jersey, was locked up for MS and also was a celebrity waiter for the crisis kids nursery in St. Louis.

However, I also like to do things that are a physical challenge!

What is Master the Met you ask? Well the Met is the Metropolitan Square Building in downtown St. Louis and consists of 42 floors. Mastering the Met is running/walking up all 42 floors.

So why do this? Well, one is because I have lots of time on my hands, and two it sounds like fun, promotes a healthy lifestyle and benefits a good cause, the American Lung Association. Ok, so maybe that is like four reasons rather than two.

Anyway, I have been training the last couple weeks and now have my donation page set up. All I am looking for is $100 as my pledge goal. I know it’s a difficult time in the country with the economy, but I figure I know at least 100 people that can donate one dollar!!

To donate go to my donation page.

Thanks for your help and support and I will see you on the 42 floor of the Met on March 6!!

No comments: