Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Updating the Web Site

Everyday I continue to make my web site easier for the many people that visit the site. If you go to my demo page, you will notice new sound clips. The sound clips are actually embedded in the page so all you have to do is click on the play button and the audio plays automatically.

This is much better than the way the old coding was, in which you clicked on the link and the file had to load before playing. Some operating systems required the visitor to actually download and save the file before listening. This new way of embedding the clips in the page makes it look sharper and it is WAY easier to listen to. I should have done it a long time ago.

I am working on doing the same with the video side as well, so be sure to check back.

I am also kicking around new designs for the site. I am looking at different color schemes and layouts, trying to figure out the easiest and best way for things to be displayed so it is easier on the eyes and the clicking.

Changing subjects, I really appreciate all the emails I got too from you GreenJackets fans through out the summer and toward the end of the season. I really appreciate all the nice things you said and some of the comments really blew me away. Obviously I am not with the team anymore and some of the emails I got at the end of the season revolved around how much I will be missed.

I will miss broadcasting the games as well. The Giants are a great organization with some great talent coming up through the ranks. My job was made easy by how good the team was and how great the staff was to work with. Everyone I ever met associated with the Giants have been great and I will truly miss working in Augusta with the GreenJackets and the Giants. However, life is all about moving on and tackling new projects.

I will always look back on my two years in Augusta with many great memories and I couldn’t have picked a better way of going out then the way I did, with a Championship. Thanks again to all the fans, to the GreenJackets, Ripken Baseball and the Giants.

No comments: